Thompson Management Horizons is an international strategic consulting company whose mission is to improve business knowledge and produce exceptional results.
The company provides consulting services in Brazil and abroad focused on planning and implementing successful strategies in small, medium and large enterprises.
Founded in Toronto, Canada, Thompson Management Horizons has been in Brazil since 1994, where it has been developing successful projects in various markets.
The company provides services to most major industrial sectors: Agribusiness, automotive, education, finance, capital goods, logistics, healthcare, energy, environment, chemicals, services, retail, information technology and telecommunications.
Areas of expertise include business development, strategic planning; process management; turnaround management and Interim Management; IT business applications; shared service implementation and M&A.
Thompson Management Horizons has the expertise to manage the challenges and ups and downs and dynamics of emerging markets, making them the ideal partner for projects in Brazil and Latin America.
Following the signature of the partnership, the client’s International Director mandated XPM to assist in the creation and operational start-up of the joint venture with the following objectives:
- Implementation of a fully established operational company, including all the legal, marketing (brand names, logos, .…), operational (personnel, systems, equipment, …) and financial aspects.
- Management of the NewCo until the “cruising speed” stage.
- Handover, coaching and follow-up on goals.
To achieve these objectives, X-PM put in place – via its Wil Group partner Thomson Management Horizons – a Franco-Brazilian Transition CEO whose major challenge was to deliver the milestones of the business plan that the client had prepared for the new venture.
In that context, the transition manager:
- In a first step, he took ownership of the existing business plan and set up a detailed Action Plan of all the elements to be implemented. He, then, successfully rolled out the defined Action plan, working closely with the Client and with the local partner.
- In a second step, he took over the operational management of the NewCo – with the support of the management team which had been put in place – to transition the JV from a start-up phase to a fully operating company (development of the economic business model, development of the marketing and commercial plan, …)
- The last step – following after one year, the full implementation of the JV – was designed to smooth the transition to the new management team by preparing and having approved the budget for the next year along with the management KPI’s.
The mission was successfully conducted in 18 months.
At the end of the mission, the transition manager was recruited by the client as CEO of the JV.