Planning Implementation of New ERP System for a PE-backed IT services Company
X-PM India deployed an experienced Interim CFO to plan and launch the implementation of the latest version of an ERP system for a fast-growing, PE-backed IT services company. The mission lasted 8 months, at the end of which the Interim CFO handed off responsibility for implementation to the new permanent CFO.
The existing ERP system was over 13 years old and had not been upgraded to the latest version.
- The company was growing and globalising rapidly.
- It was difficult to unify financial processes.-and controls, and it was felt that it would be best to transfer data to the Cloud to allow uniformity of financial controls across the organisation, irrespective of geographic presence.
- The goal was to enable on-tap information, i.e. data needed to be available for the company's personnel wherever they were.
- X-PM India deployed an experienced Interim CFO to plan ERP implementation and then kick off the implementation.
- The Interim CFO managed a team of 40 existing finance professionals for 8 months.
- The Interim CFO selected the product, ERP implementation partner and program managers.
- At the end of 8 months, the Interim CFO handed over responsibility for ERP implementation to the new permanent CFO, who took over and would be responsible for the "go live" event, which would take place one year later.